I am on bed rest. We transferred two beautiful blasts at 11:15 this morning. I am officially "PUPO" (pregnant until proven otherwise). I'm nervous, scared, excited, hopeful, grateful, and a million other emotions, I can't explain it.
First, let's back up a bit- to Wednesday night. I didn't sleep. I couldn't sit still. I was anxious. Thursday was to be our Day 5 Transfer. I waited for a phone call from the doctors office all Wednesday, wanting to know when our transfer would be scheduled. It never came. Assuming that the call would come on Thursday morning, I attempted to sleep. That didn't happen.
Superman went to work early Thursday morning, knowing he's have to take some time off during the day to go with me to the doctor's office and I waited patiently by my phone- watching the minutes go by. At 9:30 I decided that if I didn't hear from them by 11, I'd call. My phone rang at 9:37- Nurse M (whose office is decorated with cup cakes... that's a whole other blog entry in itself.. save for another day) was calling to let me know that we were moving to a Day 6 transfer... WHHHAAATTTTT???!!!!!?!?! She explained that our embies were checked and were 'not quite there yet', so they'd like to wait until the next day to schedule the transfer.
Trying not to sound too frantic, I asked if this was something that we needed to be concerned about. She said that it wasn't, that they do day 6 transfers every cycle and it's not a big deal.
I thanked her for calling and hung up.. and burst into tears. I was so ready to go in, no one ever mentioned the possibility of a Day 6 transfer and now I had to wait ANOTHER 24 hours. UGH.
I called Superman, in tears, and relayed the news. He was just as disappointed as I was- possibly more. He calmed me down and told me to either go get a massage or make an acupuncture appt- I chose the latter.
Fast forward to this morning- my phone rang at 9:15 and Nurse Cupcake said we were ready to roll. Superman picked me up and we went to the doctor, completely full of nervous energy.
We were led back into the semi private room and Nurse A came in with an updated calendar and strict instructions for Superman to keep me off my feet and on the couch.
A few minutes later, we were led into the procedure room. I assumed the legs up position and Superman took the chair next to me. Dr A came in, holding the most beautiful thing I've ever seen- a picture of our two blasts. Words cannot describe how amazing they looked. Dr A transferred them and I was whisked back into the semi private room. We sat there for about 30 minutes. I would like to think I decompressed during that time, but I don't really think I did.
Superman got me lunch and 3 movies to watch while he went back to work. I was about 1/2 through the second one when I decided that bed rest sucks and I was bored out of my mind!
I have about 14 hours left and I don't want to think about having an extended bed rest later on.
God bless the women who do this for 3-4-5 weeks at a time. I don't know how they do it.
So, we wait until next Friday for beta 1, beta 2 will be the Monday after that- so that's what we're looking forward to- it's not quite the 2WW, but I'm sure it'll feel just as long!!
So exciting!! I get excited just reading about yours so I can only imagine how you are feeling! :o) I'm hoping Friday will be an awesome day...and comes quickly!!
ReplyDelete