We survived the twins first Christmas and immediately decided that it was time to move. Our little starter home just cannot hold all of the stuff that Jack and Lyla got for Christmas.
This year, Christmas was a little different than it had been in years' past- it spanned 3 days instead of the usual 2. On Friday (Christmas Eve), we had plans for a playdate/lunchdate with some friends who live on the way to J's parents' house, but that morning, we got a call that their daughter had just been diagnosed with RSV. SOOOO, needless to say, we weren't going anywhere near that house. We headed out to Troy early and had a great evening with family. The kids were spoiled rotten and had more fun trying to eat the wrapping paper than playing with the gifts themselves.
Jack had a minor mishap that could have been a lot worse, had Gpa Tony not been sitting with him. J's grandma insists that we use the highchair that ALL of her grandkids used growing up. Not a big deal, I get it. This particular highchair doesn't have straps or anything to really secure the kids into it. I was making the babies' dinner when I heard Gpa Tony going "Whooooaaaa". I turned around and saw just the top of Jack's head in the seat- he had managed to slide down, under the tray and was headed for the floor. Tony had caught him, just in time. Thankfully, J's mom had brought one of her high chairs and so the kiddos took turns in the 'safe' chair eating their dinner.
We had a FUN first Christmas at our house the next morning and video taped the whole thing. Again, wrapping paper was more popular than the gifts themselves, but we still had fun watching them. After presents, the babies ate and went down for a nice nap. I think Jeremy and I even got to take a nap. It was a fantastically lazy Christmas day.
That evening, we had Christmas and a great dinner at my parents house. Instead of a bunch of gifts, my parents decided that our big gift would be a family trip this summer- somewhere in Colorado or Wyoming. I'm already nervous about flying with the twins, but it's a gift that I would much rather have than a few sweaters or something. We're looking forward to it!
The following day- the day after Christmas- we celebrated with my mom's family, which was a little weird. Normally, it's really fun, lots of laughing, drinking and fun, but this year it felt like no one wanted to be there. I hope this was just a one time thing, because I look forward to that Christmas the most.
No comments:
Post a Comment